Tuesday, April 1, 2008

La Brea Tar Pits




This is my very first blog. Thanks to the help from Matt. We are all on vacation this week. We asked the kids to find some inexpensive day trips

to take. They came up with the La Brea Tar Pits. It just so happens that on the first Tuesday of each month the admission is free.(Which fits our budget!!). So we headed into Los Angeles this morning. After fighting morning traffic and driving through some scary parts of L.A. we finally made it. Matt was a little disappointed that there was so many school kids on field trips. But as soon as the busses left we went back into the Museum and got abetter look at the displays. It was very interesting. As we were leaving Jim and Kaycee couldn't resist the urge to roll down the hill!! All in all it was a great day!!.

8 comments:

Paula said...

Loved the pictures from the tar pits. I remember going there for school (many many moons ago)to do some extra credit for missing too much school when i had the chicken pox. Love the blog now keep it up.. i want to see more. love ya guys
paula

Kristin said...

YEAH!!!! I can't wait to read more about your life. I love how the blogging world has brought us together again. Love the pictures of the pits, I remember going there when I was a little girl.

Valerie said...

Karen,
Kristin sent me your blog...I hope you don't mind. It's so great to get reconnected this way. You have a beautiful family. I can't wait to get to know you better and I'm so glad we're family. Come check out my little family when you get a chance. Looks like you had fun at the tar pits. I loved seeing that when I was little.
Love,
Valerie

Laurie said...

Yeah! Welcome to blogging! It'll be so great to get to know your kids better through your blog (since there aren't too many funerals or weddings happening now). I'm going to add you to my links.

I never made it to the tar pits. How did Val and Kristin get there without me? I was cheated. We'll put it on the list for our next So. Cal. trip.

Laurie said...

One more thing, Paula--get a blog going! I clicked on you, but was so sad to see there was no blog link.

KingdomSeeker said...

Looks like you are having fun this week! The best vacations for us have always been the least planned and the least expensive.

Jim, it looks like you are having way toooooo much fun rolling down that hill.

Love you guys.

KingdomSeeker said...

Sorry, haven't used this site in a long time....usually with my ministry and didn't remember my id name.....this is really your sister, Terri! I wonder how I can change my username???

Steve said...

Hey Karen...long time no talk.
I blame my sisters for the blogging crapola, but it's a nice way to get reconnected and stay in touch.